2004-06-08

daniel, the paperbear, and yibin..

sheena, and then.. gillian.
Listening to: Avril Lavigne ~*~ My World ~*~ Nobody's Fool (If)
Mood: okay, and hyped up to type

okay peeps, decided to let y'all read this for a change.

Alright, so here goes the story of the other day's brief introduction of people I didn't bother to even introduce properly.

Some are good friends of mine, others, they are just but a memory whispering in my mind like a slight faint scent of something vague in the air.

These 5 individuals, each left a note or a print somewhere in my memory, two still hanging around in my life, the other three are just but a distant past.

I shall first introduce those three:
1) Sheena
2) the paperbear
3) Daniel

1) sheena

One of the ChungCheng students, the pretty girl in class. (honestly, I didn't find her a tad pretty, she just had an air around her that said, "you better like me, or else I'll tell everyone you're a bastard/whore")
Anyway, everyone liked her, but she liked me too. Not in that lesbian way, but she liked me for she couldn't read my face for the majority of the time I'm in class with her.
For some reason, she just took a liking to me she started talking to me. It's that sorta feeling when you think this person could be one of your lost life friends, kinda situation. I never did quite like to talk to her, but I tolerated her all the same.

2) The PaperBear
That was his nickname in class within our group. His name was ZhiXiong, and always insisting we call him Alex. Junie, you know him. Gillian and I would spend hours teasing him about his 'porcupine-durian' head as he spikes up his hair all the time, making it look like some hedge. Once, gillian called his hair "chicken feathered head". *shrugs* No doubt, he liked me once, but I made sure to scare him off really well. He IS my neighbour after all. well, he's not exactly the neighbour I liked, so I just scared him off just for fun. It's really amusing how he looks at me in fear when I bump into him in the lift nowadays. (albeit, occassional)
He was smarty pants in class, constantly getting A's.. I think he's just there to look at the girls. There wasn't much of a selection there besides gillian. then again, back then she looked rather geeky, didn't you ginz? *grinneth* oh well!

3) Daniel
The friendship should've never even started at all. Not exactly a mistake to meet this guy, but it was really a case of wrong timing and impatience. He's constantly well-liked by everyone in that MTC class. He was smart too. This fella had it all for him, the brains, the credits, the achievements. Although he was certainly lacking in height and looks (sorry dan), he made up in charisma, charm and sweetness.
At least that's how it was before everything turned sour.
Maybe one could call it a whirlwind romance, or, in crude terms, a fling. I don't know.
Even up till today, I still have not a clue as to why we had to break up. He never gave me any reasons.
And from him, I learnt a few things: never trust a guy too easily, never say yes till you're absolutely sure and NEVER ever think that everything could be so perfect.
Good lessons in life, no doubt. He left me hanging just like that for months, before I finally closed that chapter up on him and I'll never have to deal with him again. I vowed never to love another boy again till I know that the guy is THE one. It took me a good 2 years and 4 months JUST to feel love again. This time, it's not daniel though, it's another guy whom I'm sure I'll love for a much much longer time than just a month and a half.
Daniel, you had no idea how much you made me cry inside, but thank goodness I'm over you!
Thanks on that life lesson you unknowingly taught me, but, fuck you on leaving me to hang right there with nothing to support me at all.


Well, that's the end of those three...
now, on to the other two,
4) YiBin
5) Gillian

These two people, stuck to me like magnet on opposite poles through life at MTC's.

4) YiBin
Guy of few words, messy hand-writing, fella from NPCC, and he loves comics with a passion. Another smart ass in class. He's always seated like a seat away from me, but he'll sit next to me anyway. He lets me copy his work, and he teaches me math whenever I ask him a math question. I think he's taught me just a wee bit of geography, can't be too sure about that. Nontheless, this guy didn't ask any questions about what happened to dan and I.
Come to think of it, no one asked. It's as if everyone knew we broke up.
Ongky would look at me like he wanted to pull me aside during class and ask if I'm alright, but thank god, he didn't.
Anyways, yibin, you're a great tuition buddy. haha.. great having you seated next to me when you could've just ditched me and sit at the other far corner with the other guys.

5) GILLIAN!!! aka Ginz
Alright, I can never stop talking about her, so I'm just gonna tell you how she was like back when we were both wee 15 through to 16 year olds.
We were down right closest buds in class, in school and in tuition. But we never went out for a girls-day-out event with each other till only recently. She only went for the MTC sec 3 class coz she hit a financial snag in 2002.
She was what people THOUGHT to be like some Ah Lian aka, hooligan gangster's girl.
Only, people thought wrong, and they're still thinking her wrong.
Ginz, what could I say about her? she was my definition of the Rebel Teen, with REAL teen -drama- angst. I still think the same of her, but this time, it's all that and a great sense of insanity. I won't describe her much, for she's one of my closest friends now... It's not nice to just spew out your closest friend's life's secrets.

Anyway, she's had it hard for her for the past 10 years or so, and I've only known her for 6 years and still strolling.
Back then, she was loud, she was rude, she was rebelling against everything with and without reason.
Many people hated her for her guts, and for her flirtatious mannerism of changing a boyfriend faster than I can ask her who's her next victim.
We didn't talk much back in school, I was just her studying buddy.

But now, things have changed. Drastically too, I might add.
We just tell each other anything there is to tell to a really close friend, and we comfort each other by laughing at each other's problems, and advice each other if we could. Or we'd just go to the beach to hang out and relax and listen to the waves crash on the rocks that we sit on.
We just enjoy the peace and the moment there is to spare away from life's reality problems or the stress that we find at home. ;)

And for that, I'm so really thankful for. No other person would want to listen to my complaints for years, and you were there for me all the time. Thanks so much gins, you're truly the best, even if I don't say it often.


HAha.. this turned out to be like some award-winning speech, eh? ahh well.. the 5 people who left some memory of the sorts in my year's in MTC's math class of the '86 batch.

Ahh well, I shall introduce you to another unlucky victim to you another day..


Till then, write later..
*~Au Revoir~*