2004-11-08

Assisi Home and Hospice

my day there... was.. a fun one, I think.
Mood: tired


Seriously, Ms G has a really bad memory..
Anyway, I'd met so many individualistic young kids today!

Such cute energetic little ones..

Today, I shall ATTEMPT to blog, while I chat with an insane Amanda.. yes, she's definitely lost it..

*********
It'd been about 3 weeks since I'd stepped back into Assisi Home and Hospice. Today, had been the first in those ardously long days.. when I felt that time just slipped by me without my knowing, while I wasn't really having fun..

Kids, are such wonderful little darlings, really.. hahs..
And the kids at the hospice, are no less active than any healthy young tyke!
Today was little Antony's birthday. He turns 3 today! hahas.. the thing about Antony, is that he looks like he's a five year-old kid, while in actual fact, he's just but a little 2 year-old boy. And today, he's crossed over to 3..

And for a kid his age, he's exceptionally fast in speaking, although he didn't say ANYTHING at all today.

Then there's Little miss huiwen, XiaoMeng, Jessie, WeiJie, Marcus, and mischievious Adam. Oh, not to forget Filmoore. I think that's how you spell his name.. but if it isn't, then, that's how you pronounce it.

In any case, Filmoore's at the hospice, re-cupperating from his stroke he had a year ago. He'd been almost paralysed previously. Now, he's learning to use his left side of his body, and has regained about nearly all functions of his right side of the body. :) Filmoore's SUPER SUPER cute. He's just soooo adorable!

Huiwen is this little pint-size 5 year-old girl, she's still undergoing treatments, coz her hair's in patches, but she's rather temperamental.. She loves playing with the boys and always gets in little bickerings with Jessie. Huiwen was the second kid I'd talked to just now..

You call XiaoMeng, Meng as in "dreams" in chinese.. it'll sound like "Little Dreams" literally.. it's such a nice name.. hahs.. now, XiaoMeng's a 5 year old from China. I don't know what she's got, and again, she looks like she's 7, instead of 5.. She's really well-behaved, polite, and it's such a pleasure teaching her today. (yeah, I teach..)

Next up, is 5 year-old WeiJie.. out of all the boys, he's the only one I could play with well today.. he's such a cute little joy! Jumping, running, playing, shouting and laughing all around the playroom.. You'd never even start to think that this boy is striken with cancer, or some form of disease. He loves playing with me, laughs so care-freely.. such a little bundle of energy!

Then, Marcus.. he's 4 this year.. same as Filmoore.. Marcus looks really pint-sized too. Very active little guy, who eats like a snail, and he loves to follow Adam. He loves to torment me by using his toy gun and 'killing' me with it. hahs..

And then Adam.. ahh yes... this boy, the thought of this boy having cancer, or disease would have never came to your mind the moment you saw this little vivascious punk. He has this head full of jet black hair, nice big round eyes, this cute smile, combined with 2 boyishly handsome dimples (one on each side of his cheeks), a nice round nose, and he's like an energizer bunny, jumping, twirling, running, laughing, playing and shouting around that the staff nurses always had to shout across the room "ADAM!! No running!", "ADAM!!! No playing in that corner of the room!!", "Adam!! no shouting, please!"... and all that.. hahs...
He kept this curious, inquisitive eye on me at all times, whilst keeping his playmates company. I was as curious about him as he was about me. Hahahs.. he'll certainly grow up to be such a michievious kid...
Anyway, you wouldn't know that he'd been sick if not for this scar just below the right side of his collar bone.. It'd looked sooo awful.. like some one stuck a pipe down his neck..

Thank goodness he's nearly all better now! Adam looks like he's 8, rather than 5..


Then, there's a few extra kids.. JunKai. He's 8.. and he looks his age.. but, he's undergoing treatments, so it's visible that he'd lost alot of weight, and looks like a skeleton now.. and he's head's bald.. He'll be going for his treatment again tomorrow.. He's quiet, and gets really noisy after playing with the other kids for an hour or so.

Then, there's weiliang.. I'm not sure how old he is.. probably about 11...
He looks really unhealthy, coz he's undergoing alot of stuff now.. still in the midst of battling cancer.. he's a really very brave kid!! I do admire his courage alot.. I'm sure he gets alot of stares while out with others..

And then, finally, 17 year-old um... I think his name was Bjorn. yah.. really unique name. you pronounce it as "ber-shjohn" I dunno, it's kinda hard trying to spell it out.. He's in sec 3 this year though.. in Henderson Secondary School. He says his classmates love to pick on him coz he's 17, and he's so different. I told him to just ignore them, coz they didn't understand him as well as the other people in the hospice do, he just gave a weird smile, chuckled and ran off to play with the other 'babies' in his opinion..

Let's see... did I miss anyone out?
oh yeah, Antony!!! Antony's been really quiet today, so I don't know much about him.. the other volunteers told me that usually he'd be running and screaming about more than Adam.. And Adam screams and shouts like this WHOLE fat lot.. so yeah, it's weird that he didn't make much noise today..


Well, I'd taught Huiwen her math and English today, she did colouring, and I helped little Antony with his numbers and letters.. Huiwen's this really moody girl.. she gets mood swings faster than anyone I've ever seen, really.. It's like, every five minutes, she gets moody and grouchy.. that's how bad it gets.

Oh, and Jessie!! yeah, how could I have forgotten? Jessie's 5 too, I think.. perhaps 6, I'm not sure.. but Jessie looks as if she's 9 and she's a fat, chubby boy. I thought that she was a boy at first. But she started playing with all the masak-masak... then I thought otherwise..
Jessie's big-sized.. and she kinda likes to bully HuiWen.. hahs.. stealing the play toys from huiwen.. huiwen kept complaining to me that she didn't like jessie at all.. And she made me play 'tea' with her all day long..


OOH!!! I was observing the boys play today...
Adam, Marcus and Antony were playing with those Lego blocks... They'd made them into guns, and were busy running about the room, shooting and shouting out "Bang! BANG!! BAAANG!!!" hahas.. and then suddenly, Adam stopped and peered out at me, and said something about, 'let's try to shoot the girl sitting over there.. the one looking at us.. that je je..' He was clearly referring to me coz the other volunteers were so much more busier than I am, playing with the girls..

Then he gave up, coz he didn't have the guts to do so, and continued on his shooting regime.. with his two younger companions. Then, all of a sudden, Adam stopped again, he was facing me this time, but about 8 feet away from me, and he was in mid-battle stance, and he told Marcus "team up with antony, you two fight me.." twice... coz Marcus gets a tad bit slow sometimes.. hahs..

So, marcus turned his body around such that he was facing Adam instead, and I heard Adam say 'continue!'. Antony, being only 2.. turned to Marcus and went "AHHHH!!!! BANG BANG BANG!!!!" oh man... hahas.. Both Marcus and Adam had that O.o look on their faces!!! Then after about 4 seconds, Marcus looked from Adam to Antony and told Antony, "not me!! HIM!!!" pointing his 'gun' at Adam..

And Antony replied simply, 'Oh.' and turned to Adam "AHHH!!!! BANG BANG BANG!!!" heh heh heh... oh goodness me.. I was laughing my butt off at those 3!!! Just toooo adorable already!

Next, Adam asked his two comrades to follow him, to attack little weijie.. hahs..
Weijie was busy trying to get his batman gun to work, and while he was at it, those three boys went "bang"-ing at him, and he was too absorbed to even CARE about them!!!

Adam and Marcus resulted to sitting in front of him, both looking very puzzled, and going "HELLLLLLOOOOOOW?!?! WeiJie!! We're SHOOTING you, you know? HAAAARRRRLLLLOOOOOOOOW!?!?!?! WeiJiiiiiiieeeee... haiz.. weiiiiii jiiiiiieeeee"
hahahs!! oh man!!! I was soooo tickled by them!!! HAHAS!!! :P

And there was Antony, figuring out how to fix his little gun of his.. ;) such adorablt kids!

***********

well, so yea... that's really just about it..

hahs...

here's a little quiz char asked me to take...

Tenderheart Bear
You are thinker, organizer, peacekeeper, and leader all in one. You have a power to command attention and people listen to you. However, you are often so concerned about not hurting others' feelings that you don't tell them what they need to hear and this gets you both into trouble. But you always have loyal friends to help you out.



Yep.. hahas... tenderheart... I always loved that bear!! *grins* (yeah, only coz it's red... hahs.. but so sad, I'd given it away the other time)


Anyway, I think that should be about it for today...
Tomorrow, I'm booked from 11am to about 4... yeah... so, wanna meet me up, have to book me AFTER that. k?

Okays, I'm outta here..
toodles... ;)