2004-12-12

Smile...


you never know who's day you've brightened up.
Mood: tired



This is so crazy.. Every night, I cannot sleep till 3am or 3.30am....
and I wake up at 9.30am, only to sit at this laptop, thinking of what shit I oughta do today.

I had half the mind to kill junius today...
Always forgets to bring the presents for me.. that damn ass.... pffft...
I will keep 'forgetting' to buy that tigger in those shops that I walk into and catch sight of that stuff toy...
And unless he brings those presents, I'll never buy down the tigger toy and I'll constantly remind myself to 'forget' to buy it.

heh..

************

Let's talk about... I don't know, there are so many thoughts running through my head now, but I can't seem to pluck them down and transform them into proper words..
Mr Raymond told Liru, amelia and I yesterday (we get 'enlightened' every saturday if he's there) about how to find THE proper spouse. It applies to both genders.

Anyway, let me tell you a lil bit about Mr Raymond.
Mr Raymond Hwang. He's the director and founder for the Heartware-Network, currently into that whole MAD thing. HE is Mr MAD. or Mr Making-a-difference. so whenever you go around Orchard Rd, and you see those people in bright orange shirts, think of Mr Raymond, and you'll think of me! hahas.. ;)
Raymond likes to give us 2 hours chats after every meeting on Saturdays..

yesterday's chat was interesting..
he was telling us how his sister, Yvonne Hwang, she was the $6-million smile face for some bank back in the 70's.. had SO many suitors (all rich men's sons who were scholars) whom she turned each and EVERY one of them down.

And how he had to choose between this rich man's daughter (her father owned a whole bank, and if he were to marry his daughter, he would be the vice-director today) and the girl who lived in a 1-room flat with 4 other siblings and her 2 parents and still loved to do charity work.

He gave up the rich man's daughter (even though he loved her alot) and married the girl who lived in a 1-room flat...

Why? for simple reasons that she was THE girl that he'd rather spend the rest of his life with, doing the things they both loved and had strong passion for doing, rather than to have a big mansion, with big cars, and lots of money... and probably, debts to pay off.

Right now, he doesn't have any debts to pay, he's a happy man, feeling like he's the luckiest guy on earth, with a loving wife and cute 13-month old son, and he owns his own company, and he told us a little tip on getting that happiness...

His tip was:
Never fall for guys who are too loud, they're just out to impress..
You know you'll love the guy/girl when you catch them doing something which you look for in them when they're doing it instinctively, not when they're fully aware of what they're doing.

Raymond told us that all guys love to impress, they'd do ANYTHING just to get a girl's attention. And he emphasised that we should never fall for that whenever we are looking for a potential spouse at any one time. "Keep that in mind, alright, ladies?" was what he told us while we walked to the lobby an hour of chatting later..

and that had me thinking this morning as I reviewed that part of the little enlightenment chat he gave us..


I love Raymond's life lessons like those. It teaches me so much more. And I truly begin to wonder at how naive I can get in the past, but now that I've been told about all that (not that that little part I just told all of you) and more...

I'm keeping all his words in mind, and I'm not gonna let any one fool me from now onwards..

*************

It's a real pity that I've got to stop here now..
But I don't think I'm feeling that good.. my head hurts like it's being squashed by the sides.. it's just annoying me to have that headache.. and not to forget feeling a little woozy too...


So, yeah, I'm off to get some rest...

okay, so...

Toodles for now! ;)