2004-06-11

Jamie Oliver has got to be an inspirational idol

well, that's my opinion anyway
Listening to: Chris Rice ~*~ Smile
Mood: --

Jamie Oliver is a regular kid from England, making it really big, coz he's been dubbed "The Naked Chef". And frankly, he deserves that title. No, get your perverted heads out of the gutter girls (or guys), he doesn't cook undressed.

In fact, he dresses as casually as you or me. But, it's his style of cooking that sets a horrid trend that many housewives (or chefs-to-be) follow. How does he cook then? Well, with everything and anything fresh, and he improvises EVERYTHING that he's got on the set. Like say, he doesn't go in for dress rehersals for his cook show "The Naked Chef", he just walks in say, 5 minutes before filming takes place in his own home kitchen, and then his producer will tell him, "Chef, cook a beef steak in mushroom gravy, tendoori-styled. Second dish would be the soup, do the authentic chicken stew, and the desert, whatever you can come up with" and he'd go "sure thing" and the camera starts rolling over a minute before that but he's already on a roll on what to cook. Do you follow what I'm saying here?

Anyway, he's set up this really chic and urban restaurant in the heart of london, I suppose. I didn't take notice of the exact location, but it's called Fifteen. It was supposed to have fifteen untrained, begineer chefs who are about my age, and they've got no clue about cooking just a year ago. He's left with 9 of them, but he's made up with himself and abotu 2-3 sous chefs. If you'd like to know the full story behind it, I'd suggest for you to go watch "Jamie's Kitchen".. but I'm not sure for the rest of you who're not in singapore.. But for those who are.. it's weekdays, on Channel 5, 2pm. You gotta catch it, it's a really great show... I'd say it's reality show, with a very good cause. (unlike reality GAME shows, where there's too much drama that it gets disgusting, but people still watch it anyway)


Well, I went down to the golf range today. As usual, those Dirty Old Men(DOM) were there, trying to outbeat each other with who's better at driving that final driver's shot. But, hey, who makes her appearance, but the range queen? (that's my que by the way) alright, I'm a self-confessed golfing addict (at only age 17) and nothing can keep me away from golf really.

After 6 months of no golfing (I was trying to see how long I could stay away from it), I finally crashed and gave in.. went back to the range. No doubt I got rusty, but well, surprise surprise! I still managed to drive that wood a furthest of 190 yards. Not even those stupid Tiger Wood wannabe's could even try beat me.

They just stood there gawking at the distance I hit that solid titanium-cored dimpled ball, literally.

If you're looking for some wasted talent, you're looking at me. Trust me when I'm telling you I'm speaking with NO ego here. The other girls in the LGA(Singapore) are always constantly jealous of my drives, they could never get my distance. (and that's a fact)

But as it is, alas, I have two annoying blisters on my right hand.. and they frigging hell hurt like burning coals on your palms. make that three, one on my left thumb.
I've gripped the clubs too hard. Gotta work on that.

Oh, and I still rock those balls on my shot games! hahaha.. I have the meanest Wedge shot.. okay, so dad hails that category too, but hey, I managed to pull it off too.


And if you're wondering why I said "Range queen", that's coz I don't have golf course mentality. Most of the time, I panic and freak on the course for the lack of noise. I just hate not having a noisy atmosphere...

I have been to competitions, but like I said, I hate not having noisy atmospheres... and well, truth be told, I quit the competitions the moment I stopped playing 6 months back. The only thing I've won was always coming in fucking Fourth. Fourth in this, fourth in that.. fourth in EVERY DAMN CATEGORY OF EVERY DAMN COMPETITION.

but that aside, I watch Shrek 2 a few weeks back, um... with Gins.. yeah.. oh right, my favourite line in that one movie... was from Antonio Bandera's Puss in Boots, "Pray for mercy from... Puss, in boots." (so this part's entirely random, but I don't care)

where're my best friends when I need them? I have so much shit to tell them. (well, actually complain about), but still, they're constantly no where to be found.

I get this strong feeling that I'm gonna be very much alone even before school starts. Well, let's see, Rica's already schooling, she hardly gets time-off from school. (not even lunch breaks) Already gone to ONE school camp, (JUST one.) and Gins already off on her own, not even bothering till I make it a point to bring her back down to reality that I need her here for me at some time too. And Debbz, she's busy having a church camp at the moment, but she's constantly here for me, or at least till school starts.

Besides family, and a boyfriend who's hardly here physically (he's got good reasons not to be here and I accept them readily, so he's excused) and a dumb playful pet cat called Terra who steals my socks and now I can't find them.. there's really no one else.

I begin to find my life awfully lonely, even though it's packed with people.


You really can never get enough of what your life gives, can you?


For me, nope. I can't.