2005-03-17

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...

Sometimes, I believe...
that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder..

In life, nothing's perfect.
But to me, everything is as perfect as it gets.
Nothing misses a beat, nothing is being missed out.
Everyone is being looked at, everything is going on as per say,
on the planned schedule of fate, on time.

Time waits for no man,
yet man waits for no one.
He has no mercy for those he works with.

Sometimes, if you meet a pathetic, sucess-driven boss..
who doesn't give you much of a break..
Well, that's just perfect.
It just gives you an opportunity to work harder!

Sometimes, when life throws you lemonades...
you find that the lemons aren't exactly sour or bitter enough..
that's just great!
It goes to show you're given a manufactured glass of lemonade, with carbonate and lots of sugar. Enjoy it. Not many get the sweet glass of sour juice.
What a thirst quencher!

Sometimes, when you find that your parents are trying to get themselves divorced...
be happy you're even going through such an experience.


See... it's only when life throws you durians and rambutans and jackfruits plus watermelons and pineapples...
that you realise the goodness and the pure essence of appreciating that one little aspect of life..

Maybe you don't really like it at first, but years after the incident..
when you're still alive, happy and still very much sane, that you realise how much of a person you've grown to be.. because of that one event in your life.



Life isn't always a fairy tale..
but if you learn how to appreciate it like I do..
you'll soon learn how to live life by the day. To live life like everyday's gonna be the second last day being alive.
You cherish everything much better than dying the next day.

You understand why people can be happy, even though they're so poor.
You understand why chubbier people are generally always smiling and feeling so happy.
You understand the pure essence of joy, the fun and love you can get without loving and being dependent on someone else.


And you start living your life like a fairy tale.





Your fairy tale.






Many times, I really do wonder..
what's it in for me...?

why do I meet people who tend to be so cynical,
to be so hateful,
to be so ungrateful,
to be so... annoying,
to be so... cliched?

why? why is it that I have to try out all sorts of peoples to be my personally close acquantances?

Life gets so hard whenever I think that way..
When all I do is ask "Why me?".....



But whenever I switch it around and ask myself, "what do I learn from meeting them?"
I make it a life's lesson learnt from it.
I have experienced and I have appreciated that minor aspect of life's lemons and durians..




And what of the good and better things in life?
it's just my good luck to have those things.
With them good things, I learn to appreciate them more.

The good friends who actually listen to what I have to say,
my good readers who read silently and continously,
the friends and people who put a smile on my face just by being themselves,
just for being there at the time when I feel like smiling, when I feel like laughing..
The good food my mom cooks,
the disgusting, yet delicious junk food of today's world..

My wonderful parents... =)


Things and the figures and the people who are in my life who make me smile, who make me happy...
all these things, they're bonuses in life, we can't expect such bonuses all the time...
and that's why I'm glad that I have reached the stage where I appreciate even the most stressful of jobs. (but appreciating it doesn't mean I can do it)



lol..


Well, I have sucessfully typed out a really good piece of wisdom tonight.
I hope all of you learn something from it..


The summary of all that junk up there?

- Appreciate, live and let live. Be happy with everything and anything that comes your way. Trust me, it could've been worse. ;)

- you run your life, you can have two choices in life at any one thing.
You either be happy with it, or be utterly sad at it.
You can either stay cheerful or be totally depressed about it.

- In times when you dont' appreciate or depreciate something.. it's okay.. you're on another learning journey.

- every moment in life is a lesson learnt, a journey made.






That said, I shall stop being a confusian.. =)

Good night! =P
angeline