2004-09-15

Stoning away

My migraines are back, with a vengeance of course..

I woke up late today, but managed to get to school on time, with the help of dad..
I can't wait to get a driver's license with my name and face stamped on that pathetic card. Mrs Lau said it'll be useful for our futures.

Anyway, physical chem practical was a disaster, as usual. =( I don't like physical chemistry.. (sorry weisheng! :S I'll try to like it if i can)

And IMB today was cool...
Learnt Proteomics today. It was okay.. I nearly fell asleep though. Eunice Tan was being really boring coz she had that chancellor over to grade her. "Standard Procedure when you're teaching" yeah, heh..

Hmm... Had an hour of CSTW. It was okay. We went through the survey qns with mrs lau, and I agree that it's abit too late to get it done. There's too little time.
Oh yeah, Pauline gave me a bag of gummy bears!! =) (I love those chewy little things)

After CSTW, bid Mrs Lau a good bye.. oh and teased shakeila abit (cause she was teasing me throughout CSTW today) hahas.. that girl's sneaky.

Well, I went to the zebrafish room to get my deyolking done. Since we could only use one microscope, and PS wasn't around, I got to do the deyolking first. Did around 20 in 30 minutes. It was an accomplishment.. =) Weiping was fine with the results, but she expects more out from me by tomorrow.

I wanted to wash the fish tanks (for once!) but the guys from the day before had it done, so yeah, maybe tomorrow.

But anyway, PS came in 20 minutes late. I don't think Weiping was rather pleased about it, but she just shrugged and continued on her work.
About 35 minutes into deyolking, PS came in and said Weiping wanted us to swap so that she could practice deyolking, and Weiping needed my help anyway.

HAH! The art of deyolking will be perfected soon! I'm getting there, getting there! *grins*

Well, I helped Weiping with diluting the salt solution for the future zebrafish that she's bringing back. And weighing out some biochemical bio-hazardous stuff into the eppendorf tube. It was cool. I didn't take note of the stuff being used. It's just this white coloured cap, 5g of some white powdery stuff.. then this pink bottle, with flaky crystals inside, then this slightly bigger bottle, with a gold coloured cap, more powdery stuff inside. Oh yeah, they all looked like some anti-biotic bottle.. thick glass, thick caps and all.. lol

Anyway, after that, I helped her with centrifuging some eppendorf tubes, grinding the proteins, I'd taken off my gloves by then. WeiPing told me I shouldn't have done that, because the things I've touched for today had some carcinogenic stuff in it..

It could very well cause me cancer one of these days.. lol..
I don't know if I ought to start worrying about it.. I only took out the gloves when I was going to get some masking tape from the Cold Room.. After that, I helped WP with the grinding of the proteins..

hahs..
Interesting day right? =) Well, I only thought the last part of the day in school was good, coz I ended up having a water fight with PS in the zebrafish room while WP was out.. hee hee.. =)

And I was tempting PS with those wonderously unique, sweet and chewy little gummy bears!!! =) It was fantastic doing it! haha.. I managed to tempt her to eat 2 pieces of those wonderous things.. ^__^V she must be feeling super guilty for eating sweets now.. bwahahhas.. oh man, i'm surely so evil...

Anyway, yeah, Gary and dad came by to pick me up.. only coz I called dad up and asked if he could come bring me home. My head was hurting like hell by then (it's still hurting) and yeah, I was sleeping at the foyer area when they arrived. (not lying there on the floor, more like sitting there with my back against the marble wall)

Fell asleep in the car, and then before I knew it, I'm back home typing this shit out..
Edwin's making little paper bullets now.. blah.. he's going through that phase that all 11-year old boys go through.. hahaa... oh well...

I'm going to sleep for a while. I really can't take this headache anymore.. =(

bye for now!!
i'll blog again tonight..