2004-12-14

Eye infection


and cranky home phone..
Mood: tired, oh so tired



Amanda tried to call me just now at about 4.40pm.. sorry dear, was playing on the X-box with daddy dearest...hahs..

I told mom I wanted to cut my hair, she asked how short, I told her the length, and she went "Ni sher de meh?" (that really means "You SURE you wanna cut it THAT short?") well, anything above my shoulder blades would mean it's short to her. sheesh..

Anyway, my eyes were irritating me to the extent I had to ask for assistance to get around from my place to next door's.. it was terrible. I'm under some REALLY horrid tasting anti-biotics.. *grimaces* and some meds to stop the itchiness in my eyelids.. and some eyedrops.. and it was only $18, anytime cheaper than terra's vet fees.. sheesh-ka-babs! *complains*

********

So, yeah, mom dragged me across the road to the family doctor.. he said it's an eye infection.. not the common kind, but he just shrugged and said it was curable, went to his little fridge and took out some eyedrops and looked around to see if there was anything else I could use and took out one bottle of those eyedrops..

One week of no eggs, no sotong, no prawns.... oh crud.... i'm gonna die i'm telling you.. ONE WEEK LEH!!!!

*********

The phone line went dead on me before lunch.
Something's wrong with the phone jack and gary was getting majorly pissed off at it that he couldn't use the singnet broadband on his desktop and so he hi-jacked my laptop.

So, I dragged mom and dad out to Kovan mall and we managed to find a really cheap good phone.. hahs.. $19.90 only! from NTUC, of course.

Mom let it in on me that she's going bankrupt soon... she's only got $1000 left in her bank and she's really worried about it. and so am I... should I start finding a part-time job just to contribute to the really-very-much-so-inexistant income? But there isn't any time for me at all.. maybe I can ask Raymond to like, find me a job or something.. I don't know..

*********

I was telling mom and dad over coffee just now about how news can travel with the use of the blog. Like how I told Amanda that my cat was being naughty and I had to bring her to the vet's coz she tore off her stitch at her abdomen.. and she blogged about it, so about 15 people would know about it.. and since I blogged about it on my blog, heaven knows how many other people would have known that little news by now, and soon, others would blog about my cat being a pest, biting off her stitch and leaving a hole in her abdomen (which isn't a very nice sight, btw)....

So if everyone blogged about my cat doing that.. possibly about a hundred people would've known the story of the naughty cat. (who would by now be dead or her intestines splattered forth due to other rumours put in) hahaha..

My parents laughed at the whole situation with a very amused look on their faces.

**********

I went out half blind today, having forgotten my glasses.. my right cornea was swollen due to all that rubbing and my mom tsk-ed her way down from home to Kovan mall.. hahs.. I still could see, mind you, just that everything was a lil' blurred..

I told mom I wanted to buy a small bag. (debra insists that the ones I choose are so taitai, and I pointed out that she carries some of those too..) Mom looked at me like I was some mad woman "Whatever for? you've got too many bags in your room! you even stacked them in neat sections! one for duffel, one for sling, one for haversacks, and one for totes! Now you want another on for handbags? ki siao ah?"

Heh heh... no leh, ma ma... hahaha... anyway, I hope to get my bag soon.. hah..

*********

Liru and I were talking about shopping in expensive shops.. the way to shop there, is to dress cheap. Never wear expensive stuff in. Just go in with like one thick purse, well-worn clothes, berumdas, and flip-flops (the lousy kinds). Make sure to look as if you just came back from the gym (minus the odour and sweat, please)...

And make sure to walk at least like THREE rounds about the shop (say.. LV, or cartier, or gucci) and then obviously, by then, nobody would want to serve you.. just clear your throat REALLY loudly, and find the nearest moronic sales personnel and request in a sugar-coated sickening voice for the items you've already thought of buying in the first place before stepping into the shop.

Accidentally flash the black credit card and all that and whatnots, and remember to ask REALLY bimbotically, "er.. do you accept this-and-this credit cards? the black/platanium ones? I forgot what you accept here.. *giggle*"
And when they give you the annoyed smile or glare, clear throat immediately and demand not to pay for service charge.

It'll work like a charm. Manager comes running out, demanding an answer, and you just provide the needed information "Your staff were being rude, I don't like their reluctant attitudes, if this is the way (branded shop name here, please) is going to serve it's customers, I will very well write a letter up to headquarters to demand a public apology.. blah blah blah.."

Oh trust me, after all that talk from Amanda and a few others, this plan is common, and does work like a nasty, customer-friendly charm. ;)

So, when buying lots of things from branded good shops like LV, Gucci, Cartier, and whatnot.. (just to name a few) do remember to dress poorly and demand no service charge when those moronic sales personnels do not serve you. *winks*

***********

You know, in all my life, I've never seen an animal quite as dumb as Terra. Then again, I can't blame her, she's smashed her head on the wall/table legs/doors once too many a times..
She's got a constant fear of being in a cage. Yet, when she's home, she walks into that cage of her's like it's her's and only her's. She knows the fear that she'll get when I slam the door shut and start lifting it up. But well, guess it's the cheap thrill she gets from it..

Beats having to chase a stupid paper ball around the house and getting her head smashed, huh? hahahha....

Anyway, I'm tired.. I suppose this will be all for now..
So, toodles!! ;)