2004-12-31

new year's eve is a time....


for sharing again!!!
Mood: Happy

I have been.... *enlightened mood* yesh, enlightened today..
Let me share with you some stuff I read in this book I've borrowed..

From the book of "Open Heart, Open Mind - Practical lessons in loving yourself" by Swami Chetanananda:

"A counter-intuitive approach

The logic of love is a logic of paradox. It tells you to relax when your first instinct is to tighten up. It tells you to let go of boundaries when you most want to defend them. It tells you to stop controlling things, even when you have no idea what will happen if you let go. It tells you to give of yourself completely when you might rather be thinking of as your own needs. In other words, it is a logic that is counter-intuitive: It calls you to go counter to all the things your intuitions ordinarily tell you to do.

This means that when you feel like holding on, you probably ought to let go; when you feel like taking something for yourself, you probably ought to be giving. On the other hand, when you have the big urge to give, you ought to think again; when you find yourself chasing after something, you should slow down and wait; and when you find yourself running away from something, you at least ought to turn and meet it.

These are all examples of a counter-intuitive approach. You start by observing your initial, intuitive responses to situations, and then practice them around.

........

There is no thinking or reasoning our way through the challenges in our lives, either. This is because of the nature of the mind, whose favourite question is some variation on the all-time favourite human theme-song, "What's Going to Happen to Me?" So once we find ourselves trying to think these things through, we tend to get lost in that question. Any answer we come up with is going to have little to do with real Love, and more to do with some form of self-interest."

Yup.. I will put more up tomorrow if I have the time and strength to do so.. hahas...

********************

Lecture in BioChemistry today rocks!!!! I'm starting to like this Alvin aka Snape fellow.. hahas.. he puts his point across really well and yeah, I kinda respect him. :)
heh heh.. taking a closer look at this lecturer, there's only one thing to say about him:

HE LOOKS LIKE YIHAN!!!!!


bwahhas.. omigawd, omigawd!!! >__<
Seriously, he does you know... tsk tsk...
But anyway, he seems a nice guy when lecture's over and all...
I will enjoy this teacher's presence...

*******************

After school, I wished half of the class "Happy new year". um, well....
just the half who were present.. heh heh...
My class's attendance was horrid today. 1/3 of them didn't turn up I'm thinking. *shakes her head*

but anyway, yeah....
Going over to debra's place later for dinner!!! *grins* I shall want to bring a bottle of champagne or wine over to celebrate with them! haha!!!
Pity though, rica and ninah don't wanna come.. haiz.. oh well.. :S that's half the fun gone... =(

*******************

The sky is crying. (but it's just the monsoon season you see..)
But in the event of that blasted tsunami (which I still regard as "WAAAAY COOOL!!"), I'd say, the sky is mourning, for the lost of that 123,188 people (as on today's papers).. and I'm sure it's risen up to nearly 150K now... *sighs*

The sky weeps for the lost, the sorrow of the others, the pain that we all feel.
I don't know who'd feel pain for all that lost, or who'd be ignorant enough not to know what's going on.. but I'll be sure to keep up with it..

My condolensces goes out to the families and countries (including my country too!) for the lost of those little lives of the many thousands.

Soon, epidemics would arrive too. It's something we can't really prevent at such a short time.

I just watched the news...
How a muslim mosque would stand unscathed in all the midst of all that debris and sodden mess is beyond my understanding. Perhaps it's the spiritual faith that sits in that holy place, I wouldn't know, but it gives the people there a place to worship and look for shelter..

But how it sits there unscathed, is really beyond me...
This is truly a work of the higher beings. They're showing me that they exist, for this once.

dammit.. everytime I view new stuff about the Tsunami, my heart breaks to watch the little ones cry or parents crying over the death of their little ones.. =( it's a sad sight..

********************

well, I'm gonna cook something to fill this stomach of mine.. I'm starving! >__<

Toodles for now! ;)