2005-03-23

Insects, Boars, ACTION!!!!

And helllloooooo to everyone!

Your sleepy author is here... *grin* And she's back to tell you LOTS about taman negara!!! (okay, not lots, but just a bit of reflection on it, the fun stuff, and the things you can look out for if you're heading there..)


Firstly, a shout out to my wonderful, crazed-oh-maniacal bunch of camping mates!! Elites rock!!! (okay, even though I did nothing much during the boat trip other than trying to shield out most of the water.. i was practically DROWNING while that stupid boat man used his OAR to splash water at me.. stupid.. really stupid.. but i helped!!)
The people were great! My camping mates were such a fun bunch! so enthusiastic and all... we'd go like "okay, it's 8.30, I'm hungry! can we go to the chicky hut downstairs? how about LBK again? i wanna get an ice blend!!"

and like 6 of us would be like "okay! on ah!! let's go!!!"


=)

i just looooove my camping mates..
not to forget, the crazy bunch of guys I'm always mixing around with.. leroy, mizael, kai wei, damien.. haha.. so fun.. eh, kai wei, you ASSISTANT PAPER BOY lah!!! (he's actually honourable general secretary in the student's union, but I simplified every thing for him and called him the assistant paper boy of the student's pick-up slaves..) okay, the student's pick-up slaves is totally on my part. new addition. good add-in not, mizael? can make it right? bwhahahaha....


Well, alright, my boat (or rather, the boat I was in) on my way up to Taman Negara got caught in the stones two to three times on the first day.. it was the funnest (yeah, funnest) ride I've had in ages. or so I thought, really.

*smirks* what I had in store for me, dude, what I had in store!! I got sun burnt for the past 5 days, yep, burnt.. nicest tan i've seen on myself in the longest time ever! =)

Then we went climbing into this ear cave, which was infested with bats! (the little things were soooo sooo SOOOOOOO adorable!!!!) I took a picture of them, and since mizael was behind me, obviously his face was taken too.. hahaha... (you should be honoured, dude!)


We went shooting the rapids about an hour later! It was sooooooo cool!!!! the ride was so rocky, and our motor broke for the longest time EVER! I thought we were gonna be stuck on that little cute beach forever! but yeah, the other boat came along and we all decided to take a breather at that beach and play in the water for a while.. ;)

the senery was really good throughout the trip! It was like paradise... ahhh.. lemme tell y'all...

THAT was THE life, Imma tellin' ya.. it's THE life..

Happiest moment in my life in the longest time ever.
It's been over a decade and a half since I've been in the actual outback already..
This trip made me think back of the times when my whole family still could afford to be carefree and perfect.. =)
I miss those times.. but I managed to have that fun again the past 5 days..

I actually hesitated using my mobile phone for so long.. I would turn on my mobile, leave it there for about 15 minutes, hoping someone would send in a message (which ee ren and Hao did) sooo.. yeah, so that I can message back..

but after a while of messaging, I gave up and turned off my mobile till the morning after, when I decided to send gary and char a nice little sms.. =P



anyway, on the third day in TN, it was really great!
we all walked 8.5km!!! how interesting, right? =) =) =)
you bet'cha ass, it was FUN!!!! it was AMAZING i'm telling you guys!

I had so many bruises, mizael and elanor(guide frm singapore) had little scratches.. it was well worthed it.

Why?
Coz we reached a sanctuary only few got to experience.. we explored places people seldom dared to travel.. if they did, they got scared and got themselves lost and ended up crying for help.. literally.

The streams were splendid! the waters were so clear, you could practically count the many fishes in it.. you could see the stones and pebbles and eels and guppies and PRAWNS.. yeah..

it was just perfect....

And man.. haiyah.. you guys just HAVE to BE there to KNOW this kinda stuff.. it's hard to explain it to you... =(

But yeah, it was such a fun trip...
I learned alot about myself.. I think.


I didn't even have the mood to talk to my classmates today. Even if I did try, they blatantly ignored me. That's how I felt anyway.. save for peisuan who had to pass me a few things and she was sitting next to me during class.

It felt weird to be around them somehow, like I'm being alienated away just coz I went out of the country for 4 days..

Well, like whatever, I can deal with that.. =P no problemoooo!
I still stick to my motto, live and let live!


C'est la vie!


that's life afterall.. =)
hahas.. well, now that I'm back in my laid back attitude, I'm gonna make sure I stay that way.. get high all I want with the people I enjoy playing around with.. talk to all my friends for long hours, be happy and have fun.. soon soon!
after my exams, I'll be playing again!




Gotta go sleep for a while now,... gotta get up at 6pm later to get down to town to meet up hwee bin and gang for dinner meeting..

then yeah, i'm going down to see if I can get my pay yet or not. That james hasn't even sent in my cheque. it's been a month already!


anyway, toodle-dee-do-days!!
I'll blog tomorrow...
byeeeeeeeeeee!




angeline