2004-08-26

heh....

for 5 minutes when I first started today's session of de-yolking...

I found it absolutely gross, utterly fascinating, yet grostequely... inhumane.

Yes, yes, inhumane is the right word..
I had to kill a living thing.. no, not one, but I killed at least...... 20 living things today? :( Not good, but I had to do it in a professional deposition so that I didn't feel too sadden or guilty for killing those growing zebrafish..

Well, of which at least 50% were mutated, so it was alright..
Weiping said I'm really good at this.. I could even deyolk faster than her..

I guess you tend to do more when you're alone in a freezing room full of air and zebrafish and there's no one else to talk to you..
I did like an average of 20 fishes in 30 minutes.. I should be able to do 40 in an hour.. that's as fast as weiping herself.. and I deyolked those eggs perfectly too! :) the art of perfection is on its way.. ;)

Hmm.. today.. oh yeah.. my laptop's down with that stupid Trojan virus. So please, don't ask me to send any thing via online, and vice versa..

I'm sleepy.. I think I shall go take my shower and go sleep later... This happened last thursday.. lol..what a routine..
let's see...

okay! to keep me awake.. (I have to do research later, I just remembered)
I shall describe, in DETAILS, how I de-yolked those poor little zebra fishies.. and well, if you were disgusted by it, I'm really sorry.. some people like reading the details, so I shall describe. (I know most don't.. but :P i love my minority in this case)

Anyway, here goes:
While seated at that HUGE microscope, I took out those cute little eggs, and dropped them into the ringer solution.. I prepared the magnifications and all that, took out the syringes, and look into the oculars... (the eye piece)

I thought those little things wouldn't move you know, since I couldn't even make out their little miniscule hearts, but to my fascination, they DID!! they had this jerky wriggly movement.. like how those hairy worms you feed to big fishes would move about..

When I was about to pierce the chorion (cell membrane for the egg), the little growing fish seemed to know, it started squirming away.. it was wrong.. I knew it was wrong, but I had to do it.. So, I pierced the chorion.. the fish feteus broke free from the chorion, and it wriggled free and then I had to pierce into the feteus's yolk, scrap all the sticky yolk out..

and then the fish just stops moving...


it's yucky...

but when the fish is dead.. I get to heave a sigh of relief..
not only can I now scrap out the yolk in a more precise and accurate way, the fish no longer has to suffer anymore pain..

Why do I still de-yolk when I can't bear to watch them suffer and struggle for their lives? it's only coz whenever I break a chorion, it's a must to kill the fish already, as the ringer solution would kill them even more slowly later..

hmm.. talking to Jezzie kor kor now.. whahahs.. i miss him so much.. haha.. :P

we're talking about those fuck-annoying AJC students.. NEVER ever go there, if you so much get registered there and you walk over to nyp for a meal, that's it, you're on my hate-list.

I HATE CURRENT ANDERSON JC STUDENTS!!!

sorry Jezz.. had to say that.. I don't hate you, coz you're a former student.. hahs..

anyway... i'm sooo tired... Weiping made me wash the fish tanks today... fun, but disgusting... so much dirt... eww... :S

well, i'll be off then... :)
toodles for now..