2004-09-17

lah dee dah dee dah

*yawns*
Mood: still so bored..


So, I really over-estimated my ability to work super fast. :S
Well, coz people kept disturbing me...
Right now, I'm chatting with Luigi again.

Earlier on with Junie (but for a while), and a good load with Jezzie kor..
then lyns chatted with me, but thank goodness for my discipline, I managed to say bye to all of them. Save for luigi. -_-||

But he doesn't let me do my stuff. Shall buzz off later..
Gonna head for a shower, so thought of getting a break first. Blog in some usual shit, hehs..

Chatted with Char over sms on the mobile just now.. =) it's been a good solid half a month since I've chatted with her! >__<

Anyway, what did I do last night...?
Oh yeah, that's right.. I was sleeping. hehs.. *grins*
slept from 8pm through till 6am this morning, when my dad so rudely awaken me with "you have your reports left half done, my dear daughter.. get up and finish them now, or you'll never get them done." (yes, he did ACTUALLY say that)

So, being me, I jumped up from bed, and started rushing about the house like crazy. Only to sit at my laptop, half-dazed, not knowing what exactly to type out till it hit 7am, when I remembered "Shit, it's Friday. Friday = CSTW. CSTW = Cover Letter + Resume. Are those done yet? oh shit, hell no." *frenzy starts and I go panicking*

hahhs.. see, crazy morning.
I'd forgotten to bring my lanyard and admin card today. I went to get a new lanyard and well, I had my cashcard in the holder so it'll serve as a distraction.. =) haha..
let's face it, I'm just pure genius today.

Nobody even thought of getting a lanyard and doing what I did when they didn't bring their's.. causing them to get fined whenever William How came along.. heh heh..
He couldn't fine me anyway, (coz i didn't even bump into him) and they said that so long as we had the lanyard, it's okay. So TECHNICALLY, I'm okay. Coz i've got a lanyard. A SCL lanyard to be exact. =)

Ally bought a SBM lanyard (it's red), and Clem bought the SHS one(green).. I wanna get that purple one, the SIT one.. and the SDN one.. hehe..

Anyway, today, not much happened..
Told Ally lotsa stuff while in lesson.. heh heh.. =) she was soo agreeing with what I had to say. :D

Hmm.. Oh yeah, I had the PALs planning committee meeting yesterday.. it was cool.. although, half the time I didn't know what on earth was going on. (Coz I was 15 minutes late, daaamn) hahas.. that and Ms Janette was going like the bullet train.

We discussed lotsa stuff in the meeting.. =) i'm included in the PAL 'gang'.. *grins* so it means I get advanced reservations when it's gotta do with PALs..

I shall see if I can join Students' Union next year. (not Student Ambassadors -- they suck big time, bloody buggers, I hate the lot of 'em) SU's cool enough.. They do ALL the planning like getting the peeps rolling in, ideas for stuff..

Oh, that's right, after the meeting, we went up to the sports hall to check out the seating arrangements for the b-ball celebrity friendlies.. :)
Kelvin was telling me all the stuff along the way up, over in the hall and then all the way out to McD's. Phew! so much to take in! hahas..

Priscilla, CJ and Leroy were all adding in too. So I was loaded with LOTS and LOTS of stuff to remember by the time we sat down at McD's. haha.. I couldn't take it if they were to tell me any more things about planning and organising an event, so I told them I had to go, besides, I was sleepy, and having a headache coming on, so yeah, said I had some shit else to do, and scrammed my way outta school into my own solace. hahs..

Pressurising bunch. But lovable all the same. :)

Jezzie was telling me not to give up hope so easily.. hahs.. he was going on and on about some resilience thingy. I couldn't quite figure it out last night when he went on and on about all that philosophical stuff. Being moody that night, I told him to save it, I was gonna do my homework.. :S (sorry jezz!) but anyway, I gotta take his lead too and plan out a good schedule like I used to 2 years ago..

hmm...
well, today today.... hehs.. well, oh man, I can't recall... My head's so full of stuff from Gene Mutation, and stuck on how I'm supposed to go about doing my Inorg Chem reports.. and my recent disappointment in my results. and how I'm supposed to plan out my schedules.. Tough, I gotta get through this frigging shit. Tight schedules and datelines..

MAN.. this is horrid. hahs..

well, Ally, PS and I signed up for this emcee course managed by the SBM teachers. It'll be cool, but it's on 22nd and 29th of the month. 22nd, have zebrafish/meeting/National Education Excursion. I've cancelled the PAL meeting with the rest. Told kelvin, said he'd update me on it. =) he's good after all, not so toot. hahahs..

Zebrafish, dunno lah.. see what WP says about it.

NE excursion to NEWater @ bedok resevoir. (man this sucks) I hate going for such things. It's such a menacing bore. I'll fall asleep walking. It's sickening that it's mandatory for us to go..

Hmm.. what else, what else?
hmm.. OH! THAT'S right!!! *major grin*

Famous quote for today!!! (okay, not so famous, but something to giggle about):

"Nutrient Broth? Don't they use a pot to make that?" -- Clement!


hahah..
Everyday, my classmates would each say something really ridiculous (and that might include me sometimes) and most of the time, I forget to add that into my daily entries.
But today's one was really good.

So, we were on Level 6 of the MB block (Blk Q).. Just finished french, and had 15 minutes of free time, first class to get off. We bid Mr Mallard au revior (gimmy, he's still nice to us) and strolled down the corridoor to the other end of the building.

Along the way, we passed by the Bioprocess and Technology room (the one just next to the classrooms on the left-hand side) and saw this lab technician preparing broths (or it LOOKED like broths to us, yellowish and all that) in this sophisticated machine.

Clement, being the bugger that he is, asked whether the yellow liquid contained in the bottle with loads of tubes leading out of it was URINE. Immediately Ally, I and Tim were like "are you nuts? can't you see that's nutrient broth?"

hahhas.. well, Clement being clement again, proceeded watching the technician in his little spastic way before turning around and asking Tim and I "Nutrient Broth? but don't they use pots to make that?" Tim stopped looking at the bioprocessing room and starred at Clement like Clem was dumb or something, Clem just continued talking like no one was listening, "I mean, broth. That's like chicken broth, or pork rib broth.. My mom uses pots to make those, don't they use pots too? those metal ones we use at home?"

By then, Ally was like "Like HELLO??!?! It's for lab use, not for you to drink! We have to pasteurise it over again and again just to make sure no bacteria gets in! Use pots! Sheesh! You nuts or what? hellllooo? di-eh! you siao already ah?"

hahaha.. and then Tim stated that he would use that quote for his nick tonight.. (which he did) and so here we are, hehhe.. the famous (or not so) quote tonight!!

=) life doesn't get better than it is.. (okay, so it does)

Oh yes, I think this REAL famous quote will set you agreeing with me for once.

"Heaven from all creatures hides the book of fate,
All but the page prescribed,
their present state."
-- Alexander Pope, An Essay on Man

It doesn't get any truer than this. Agreed?
I mean, all creature's upper hand, their 'God' so forth and so on, hides their fates, no matter the way they try to gain knowledge of it..
And only in the present time (like let's say NOW), you will not know what your future is.

heh, so much for philosophical shit huh? ;)

Anyways, I should let y'all get some sleep.. or rest. whichever you wanna do first.

I think I shall stop all work for tonight. Gets rather taxing on me already.
Have to maintaing good sleeping habits..
Or Jezzie will start scaring me with all sorts of problems that he can present to me.. hahahs...
:)

Well, off I go then!
Rest well everyone! *muacks* to all! (: