2004-11-14

Sundays... remind me...

what Sundays used to mean to me ?
Mood: exhausted..


Oh, that's right.
Tuition, tuition, tuition, oh did I forget? It's tuition.
I dunno. Today I went out with Junius.. yeah. We scouted 'round Taka and Suntec for 2 seperate gifts for the same one trip. To Australia.. hahs..
yeah, We had him buy this 'lucky grass' thingy.. and this other cute dough figurine thing from the old friendly chinese couple outside Fabian house. (that's next to Heerens)

Anyway, we went to watch Princess Diaries 2..
Really nice show, but certainly not as touching as A Walk to Remember..

If only....
Hmm.. nevermind. *shrugs*

Anyway, I went back to the temple today. On request by mom.. I was kinda reluctant coz I was about to drop dead to the group and snore my life away.. I was exhausted.
But I went anyway. So, while I listened to all the familiar scriptures being spoken and chanted by the Sri Lankan monks, I slowly dozed off, half the while lip-syncing in perfect unision with the words. Literally, word for word.

I was surprised I could even chant in my nap. Just don't ask me to chant for you to listen, I just can't seem to pick out the words till I hear them. It's like having to sing a song when you half-know the lyrics. You need the tune to be there, just so you can remember the lyrics. It goes the same way for me when I chant those scriptures now..

So yeah, all the mundane offerings and kneeling in front of the monks and nuns. It made me felt like I was like a sinful beggar, groveling at their feet, asking greedily for forgiveness. The looks I saw on the Sri Lankan monks were not those of cheerfulness. It was of like 'ugh, get this and done over with..' *shrugs* I don't know. It's been a looooong time since I'd grovelled at someone's feet. I don't intend for people to do that to me either. It just ain't right.

I moved on to the nuns' side.. all the ladies who saw me grew from this little baby in my mom's arms, till today. The least I could do was to greet them, so I did. And while doing so, I had this insolent, ignorant, really stupendously, impeccably annoying woman TRODDING on my poooooor TOES a freaking SIXTEEN TIMES!!!!

Finally by the 12th time, I turned back, gave her this threatening glare and told her in mandarin "lady, STOP STEPPING ON MY TOES!!! IT HUUUUUURRRRRTTTTSSSS!!!!!!" freaking shit, it's obvious she IGNORED me.. either that, or she's deaf, or she doesn't understand a shit about chinese.
I looked at my old friends for help and they just smiled and shook their heads, some laughed jokingly. All I could do is to give a bemused laugh and they zipped.
(Yes, that's how close I am with them nuns.. they're practically my buddies too)

But they're really nice.. Always looking out for me and encouraging and praying for me whenever I needed it.
One of the firmer (as in strict) nuns who always doted on me, she asked "Are you gonna re-take?" I was taken aback at first. Re-take what?
"Your 5 precepts of course! Well, are you ?" I merely shrugged and said I'd no time. She gave me a reproachful glare -which obviously sent me grinning sheepishly like I always did whenever I did something wrong- and told me "You better come and retake it. Soon." I gave a sheepish laugh and went off..

Man... first my mom, then my younger bro... now the nun.. how pressurising can this get? =S

Ahhh well, I know they mean me good, but I'll have to think about it.. I mean, I don't have to take the 5 precepts just to follow it.. I can DON'T take it, and still follow it. I suppose, you could be anything if you believed in yourself..


Although, that 'supposing' thought is really hard to follow up with..


Well, dad came to pick the others up.. others as in, mom, younger bro and DOA.
I went home on my own, coz there's obviously no space left in that small car.. mom was reluctant to let me go home on my own and I was like "my gawd! MOM! it's just ONE bus down back home. I'll be fine. You just take dad's car and I'll meet you at home, and that's that. So, see ya later. bye mom." oh sheesh. She doesn't even want me to go home alone...

I'd rather be alone, than to mix around with those brothers of mine..
I can be independant, so I will.
But how? hahs.. that one, I really don't know.

Anyway, UM, finally here it is...

Unconsciously Muttering:

Childhood :: mine sucked. I didn't remember much of it.
Ransom :: I thought I read 'Random'
Melissa :: Melissa Ann Netto, a friend from secondary school
Trust me :: don't trust that creep next to you.
Report :: oh f**k! do we really have to do this all over again? *sighs* Alright.. Lap Reports. I hate them, okay?
Give up :: I'm gonna do that in abit if I can't handle this stress anymore
Nightgown :: err... who wears those stuff? it's like outdated!
Smokes :: *points at dad*
Cookies & cream :: oreos
Gameshow :: Gurmit Singh?

there we go.

I'm outta here.