2004-12-20

revision's allllll done


well, not quite.. heh.
Mood: lethargic

I don't think it's a very good sign if I keep feeling so lethargic and all...
PS got stung by a passing jellyfish while going for her kayaking thingy last week.
She's got like rashes all over her right arm and leg.. poor girl..

Anyway, was reading YaMei's blog today.. she wrote something about the Middle-Child syndrome. While what she says is so obviously and theoretically true.. well, yeah, I do get the best out from both worlds. In more ways than what she described it to be.

I get to feel like a single-child, yet, I get to experience being stuck between two moronic brothers for siblings. Neat, huh? *smirks*

See, like how I'm stuck in the middle of the three of us, and I'm a girl, the other two are baboons who go absolutely barking insane at the very instance of a minor problematic issue. So, while I take all advantage of being alone and getting out of the house as often as I can (and my parents, particularly my dad) doesn't really bother about my whereabouts unless I'm 3 hours behind curfew and not home yet.. I still feel lonely at most times, coz evidently my parents don't give a damn about my work or what I do. (I don't suppose they'll really bother till the cops call them up and tell them about something I did)

SO anyway, yeah, middle child syndrome, while half the time it sucks like hell, I enjoy the world of "freedom" I manage to sneak out of it. ;) nice entry YaMei, btw.

*************

I am so absolutely bored. The two said baboons are playing at the X-box, mom's watching, dad's napping in his bed...

Let me think about what to type out for tonight's "digest". really an unofficial thing.

I'm gonna pull out something from the archives.
One of Jezz's OLLLLLLLD topics (it's about a year old by now)

Faith, and Trust.

eh.. not really sure how to go about these topics again..
okay, definitions, let's get them straight.

faith
n 1: a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that
control human destiny; "he lost his faith but not his
morality" [syn: religion, religious belief]
2: complete confidence in a person or plan etc; "he cherished
the faith of a good woman"; "the doctor-patient
relationship is based on trust" [syn: trust]
3: institution to express belief in a divine power; "he was
raised in the Baptist religion"; "a member of his own
faith contradicted him" [syn: religion]
4: loyalty or allegiance to a cause or a person; "keep the
faith"; "they broke faith with their investors"

trust
n 1: something (as property) held by one party (the trustee) for
the benefit of another (the beneficiary); "he is the
beneficiary of a generous trust set up by his father"
2: certainty based on past experience; "he wrote the paper with
considerable reliance on the work of other scientists";
"he put more trust in his own two legs than in the gun"
[syn: reliance]
3: the trait of trusting; of believing in the honesty and
reliability of others; "the experience destroyed his trust
and personal dignity" [syn: trustingness, trustfulness]
[ant: distrust]
4: a consortium of independent organizations formed to limit
competition by controlling the production and distribution
of a product or service; "they set up the trust in the
hope of gaining a monopoly" [syn: corporate trust, combine,
cartel]
5: complete confidence in a person or plan etc; "he cherished
the faith of a good woman"; "the doctor-patient
relationship is based on trust" [syn: faith]

You know, I'll just stick to my wise-assed words from before, I'm just gonna copy the whole junk and paste it in just for the many late readers to read it up.. (and then I'll add in anything else that I deem fit to be in here):

Faith
As many will know by now (maybe they don't, so here's a news flash for you guys), I am still not up to have an entry dealing with religion. (Although I do allow snippets of it here and there nowadays) And yes, I still do enjoy homily sections of the catholic mass. It's just plain interesting.

I still stand by my words from before: 'Faith is like trust. It is the basics of basics in terms of the fundementals of putting a part of your personal space in the hand or someone whom you have a strong enough bond with. In order to trust a person, or an animal, or even your ball-point pen, you have to have that little bit of faith.'

And yes, after a little bit of experience here and there, I still agree that Faith and Trust, are like a married couple. If you don't have faith, you can never find trust. And once you have trust in a person, you have faith in them.


Trust
Trust is really something that's mutual and it's highly and very misunderstood.
It really blows things out of proportion. It is like Love, you tend to assume that the other person would know how much trust you've put in them. You tend to assume that he/she has put many a trust in you. (which however, might not be true)

Trust is like love, you have to say it to let it be known. You have to be entirely frank when you trust a person. It is important to acknowledge the fact that Trust, is very much like Love.

With love, you find Trust. With Trust, you find Faith. With Faith, you open the doors of so many other things, like Honesty. It is like a multiple chain reaction of sorts.

I won't need to talk about the deeds people have done to me to make me absolutely seething mad and disappointed with. When I do get into the topic of that, it would speak volumes of my stupidity of not stating the Trust that I've put in these people. Then again, they wouldn't tell me how much they trust me, or rather, it is obvious that they just don't bother to use their brains to think about that.


So you see.. You have to tell people exactly how much you trust them. Make it known. show it, say it, write it out. Coz only then, you can gain the person's trust and you can in the same time, he/she would gain your trust too.

In trust, honesty plays a HUGE part. I must emphasize on that. Honesty plays a really really huge part. You'd agree with me, that you'd only trust a person when he or she is extremely honest. Honest as in sincerity, truthfulness and humbleness.


But that doesn't work out as one grows in the cynical world of today's people. You state your honesty, they'd think and re-think and come to the conclusion that you're just another bitch, or bastard, and treat you like one.


So, I will state it here for everyone of you to be enlightened with:
Choose who you place your Trust with, choose who you place your Faith with, choose who you want to be Honest with. It's your life, choose it.

**************

Okay, so I retained basically everything. *sheepish laugh* yeah.. well, hope you guys gain something from that.

Well, let's talk about someone now...
who shall be my "lucky" victim tonight?

Let's talk about Janet tonight!
hahs..
Alrighty..

Well, Jan's another one like Charmaine.. she literally forced me to be her 'sister' and mentor, back in secondary school.
She'd been an attention grabbing kid, that girl.. she'd diss me sooooo much, I could strangle her alot in my 4 years of knowing that kiddo.. ;) she still disses me out of fun and I diss her right back. It took me quite a while to get used to her way of speaking.

Jan's born in Hongkong, she came over when she was a wee toddler. And she'll be studying in NYJC soon. Once she completes her A levels, she's heading back to Hongkong to study in the Uni there. It'll be cheaper for her, and she'll be back there for good too. I'm gonna miss her when that eventually happens. (i'm hoping it doesn't happen so we can get to meet up and all)

I hardly talk to Jan nowadays, for the simple reason that she hardly comes online, and when she does, I'm always busy and can't find any time to chat with her.

Jan's an only child in her family, so she's rather spoilt for choice. Her mom's a teacher, and her Dad's an engineer. Head engineer for the upcoming circle line and one of the engineers for the NEL in fact.

But anyway, yeah.. Jan loves dogs, she loves all things girly. She's so girly, and so unlike me! >__<
She's like Ms Intelligent and candy-poster girl.. really an interesting combination..
She's a pure science student who's willing to top the school, but she's got low self-esteem of the competition she faces and thinks that she can't make it most of the time.. To her, A1 isn't good enough, she has to get that distinction. That's how she wants it to be.. but she usually cracks and crashes and goes "How ah jie.. I don't think I can cope.. i can't do it.... :("

Don't worry Jan, you'll do fine, I'm sure of it! ;)

Well, anyway, that's Jan in a nutshell..

*************

Oh! Gary's friend (she's now my friend coz she came over to our place a couple of times to play with terra) Genevieve Teo, or Gen for short... was featured in the Maksim mag for Jan'05!!! bwahahahhas.. not bad at all.. hahas..

Anyway, I think I know what to type out now...
Char's done her's already in her Xanga blog.. so will I now.

My Farewell letter to 2004.

Dear 2004,

You have been AMAZING!!! well, in the first half of the year that is. I enjoyed it much better than the second half of the year. It's been a helluva ride. Overcoming depressions, overcoming the overwhelming events that have happened within this course of 12 months.

Half the time while you try to kill me senseless with all that emotional rollercoaster and nearly killing my academic grades due to that, I still enjoyed that surprise trip over to Europe, sending me over to see THE sights, hear THE sounds, experience THE things that I know I won't get to enjoy in the years to come. A splendid surprise indeed, I've become more obnoxious than ever after I came home. But that's alright, I've nearly righted myself out from all this wrong.

It's been a tough ride for me this year, and no doubt I know next year will be just about the same. Hopefully, and I do pray, that it'll be a better experience. While Char's letter to you had been interestingly hilarious, I would wish to diss you even more so.

You've given me more challenges this year than all my other 17 years put together, and accomplishing and overcoming them had been a real pest and a real task that worked my wits out to their very cores.

You had me on the edge for one year too long, and I think it's high time that all of it stopped soon. (the sooner, the better) Much to the chagrin of my own self, I still think I'll have you to thank for, for all the many skills I have so reluctantly picked up along the way, as a mandatory means of survival in this hectic and unjust world.

You taught me not to trust people that I've never met, not to trust people I don't know too well, not to trust people who're not in their right frames of mine. Actually, not to trust anyone whom I've not known for less than 2 years. Well, a supposed few are granted out from that.

Anyway, you have been a jerk. A real big fat-assed grilled jerk and I think I rather hate you alot more once after June decided to quit and July came in as my roomie.
July's been a bitch, October even more so, November was slightly okay, and now December's being a pain in the ass.

Oh, how I hate the roomie's for this year. You've been a pain. And I'm glad to see you go. And I won't regret that. I'm willing to let go of you and you can be in my past forever more. Thanks for the crazy months you've given me. It's been one helluva extreme year of sorts.


Truth be told, I really enjoyed it. And while I hear people calling me insane due to all these insanity you've given me.....

Here's a toast to you, 2004...
May you burrrrrrn bay-beh!!! Buuuurrrrrrn!!!!!
And usher in my new landlord, 2005!!!!!




Much love and not very sorry for burning ya,
Angeline Tan.

*************

This is one very amusing entry, I'd say.
anyway, 2004's ending, and here comes 2005. I'm sure 2005 will be better than this stupid f**king crazy extreme year. And I'm sure your year 2005 wouldn't be as great as mine, so here's to you guys who've been backstabbing me, who've been annoying me, who've been driving me up this crazy hell-owned wall.

Buuuuurrrrrrrrrn in HELL YOU MOTHERF**KAS!!!!!!


*aHem*

so much for being vulgar. Censoring would be a good way to go for the next 50 to 100 entries or so, I'd think.


Cheers to the other good peoples of this world of mine, I love you all.

*MwAh!!*


So ends this silly yet EXTREMELY long entry. (Kudos to my innovative brain for churning all that up)



Toodles for now! ;)