2004-12-17

Extra bits to share!


a few new books to read!!!
Mood: happy!


I did some catching up with Mabelline and my, how much she reminded me that I really truly missed SJC sooooo much!

Trust me, I'm not mad, but I miss that special atmosphere only SJC-ians would know about.. the one where you knew practically everyone in school, and every creek and corner of the place, every step, every bit of the school..

You knew the canteen ladies and uncles so well that they could give you discounts or more food and I.O.U's... that atmosphere...

that and the times where you spent gossiping about about the latest geekish teacher, or the latest drug-bust case in the 4th-floor cubicles (ok, just kidding on the drug case) or the latest hippest and hottest looking teachers or the lastest new look that EVERYONE in school MUST get. (the trademark short hair of the IJ girls is hitting all the other schools, aight? you other girls are soooooo copying us!)

And the times when I could just be myself, laugh and play and study with my buddies, oh my buddies, how I miss them so! such things, I can never get back, but only crave for.. *grins* and to share it with Mabelline, now that rawks! ;)

Well, the new books that people have recommended to me that I will be and am willing to read are as follows (not according to ranks and priorties):

Dan Brown -- Da Vinci's code
Mitch Albom -- Tuesdays with Morrie : An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson
Mitch Albom -- 5 people you meet in heaven
Ajahn Brahm -- Opening the Door of Your Heart


oh yeah.. something I stole off Mabelline's blog.. just to share with all of you.. ;)
She took it off from Ajahn Brahm's "Opening the Door of Your Heart":

True Love

The trouble with romance is that when the fantasy is broken, the disappointment can badly hurt us. In romantic love, we don't really love our partner, we only love the way they make us feel. It is the "high" we feel in their presence that we love. That is why when they are absent, we miss them so much.

True Love is selfless love. We are concerned only for the other person. We tell them, 'The door of my heart will always be open to you, whatever you do', and we mean it. We just want them to be happy. True love is rare.



And that's why whenever I feel hurt, I feel at peace too.


*******************


quirky, but so real.





When I've found my inner peace, I shall be able to rise up above all my challenges! hahas.. and ahead I shall proceed..